|Photo by E.C.Everett|
It became known as the United Church in 1925, when the Presbyterian, Methodist and Congregationalist amalgamated to form the United Church of Canada. A basement, kitchen, and Sunday School room and an addition across the back were added.
In January, 1946, Rev. Tansley suffered minor injuries and a broken nose when the church bell fell from the tower while he was ringing it. Later in the year, the church bell was struck by lightning and the weather vane was knocked down.
The congregation grew, and in 1961 they built a new church, Grace united Church on John Street. This building was sold and underwent a complete renovation.
Research and article: B. Satten 'A Historical Walk Through Nipigon" 2003 The Nipigon Historical Museum