CANADA FISH COMPANY, Lake Nipigon
Rod and Gun, Vol. 7, No. 2, July 1905
(Buzz’s Notes)…at South Bay (Lake Nipigon) there are the buildings of the Canada Fish Company, their store, and boarding camps. This point is the end of the Winter Road from Nipigon Station, and a busy place in the winter season, supplies being moved both by horse sleighs and dog sleds to the north.
…Cedar Portage seems to be the name given the portage around Split Rock. Island Portage is just above Split Rock. Camp Cincinnati seems to be just above island Portage…